Holt Antiques at
Walsingham Mill
The Old Mill
Cokers Hill
Little Walsingham
NR22 6BN

Purveyors of quality original antique 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th Century oak and country furniture, fine art and decorative period items

Opening Times: see news below


07551 383897

Walsingham Mill:

01328 821763

Web Enquiries

All Major Credit Cards Accepted

Mastercard Accepted Visa Accepted Maestro Accepted Paypal Accepted


04/01/21 - An Important Update Regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19) - 4th January 2021

Holt Antique Furniture Ltd and its related Companies would like to update you on what's happening at our antiques store “Holt Antiques at Walsingham Mill” with the continued threat of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and now a 3rd National Tier 5 Lockdown.

We must act responsibly during this challenging period, to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of both our staff and customers continues.

With two prior lockdowns in 2020 and non-essential businesses again forced to close from 26th December 2020 into 2021, we have made the difficult decision for our premises to remain CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Our website remains open for trade with worldwide shipping available on all items so please, do not hesitate to contact us via this medium.

13/12/20 - We sell more than just furniture!

We are specialists in antique items from the 15thC through to the 19thC, offering an array of period oak and country furniture, portraiture, delftware, treen, wood carvings, sculpture and early metal ware.

We are trading solely from our website at the current time due to the virus outbreak.

Worldwide shipping is available on all items!

Norfolk Interest - Ex-Langley Park - A Late 18th Century / Early 19th Century Armorial Coaching Panel, Bearing The Coat of Arms of Admiral Sir William Beauchamp-Proctor, 3rd Baronet of Langley Park, Norfolk (1781-1861)

  • Reference : 5294
  • Availability : Available Now
  • Dimensions : 15" x 13 3/4" (approx 38cm x 35cm)
  • Price : £850


A hand painted and lacquered late 18th /early 19th Century coaching panel with the Coat of Arms for Admiral Sir William Beauchamp-Proctor, 3rd Baronet of Langley Park, Norfolk (1781-1861).

The Arms feature a greyhound and lion above a shield with moto under "Toujours fidele" ("Always faithfull").

Admiral Sir William Beauchamp-Proctor was commissioned as acting Lieutenant aboard the ship Foudroyant in August 1800. After his naval career he was appointed Deputy Lieutenant for Norfolk in August 1820.

Provenance: Keys Auctions - 15 March 2016 - Lot 877.

Condition - Some surface wear commensurate with age. A minor loss (hardly noticeable) is noted to the top right corner however this does not detract and the panel continues to display very well.

About Langley Park:

Langley Hall is a red-brick building in the Palladian style, formerly a country house but now a private school, located near Loddon, NorfolkEngland. It is a grade I listed building.

The house was built in the Palladian style of nearby Holkham Hall, though much smaller: a large principal central block linked to two flanking secondary wings by short corridors. It was later enlarged with the addition of corner turrets by George Proctor and wings by Sir William Beauchamp-Proctor, and addition of a Doric portico in the 19th century. The interior of the Hall boasts fine plaster decorations in the library attributed to the court sculptor of Frederick V of Denmark, Charles Stanley. The fine ceiling in the ladies' boudoir, on 'Music and Entertainment', was painted by Andien de Clermont prior to his return to France in 1755.

The Hall was originally built c.1730 for Richard Berney, on 25 hectares (60 acres) of land that until the Dissolution of the Monasteries belonged to Langley Abbey. It was sold a few years later to George Proctor, who commissioned Matthew Brettingham to remodel the building. In 1744, the estate was inherited by Proctor's nephew, Sir William Beauchamp who, in compliance with his uncle's will, changed his name to Beauchamp-Proctor and who was created a baronet the following year. The family later changed their name to Proctor-Beauchamp. He completed the building work and employed Lancelot Brown to advise on the landscaping.  In 1785 new entrance lodges were built to the design of architect John Soane.

The estate remained in the Proctor-Beauchamp family until the 20th century. During the second world war the house was occupied by the army and the pasture land ploughed. After the war the house and grounds were bought by Langley School, an independent boarding and day school, and the lodges separately sold. The house continues to run an an independent boarding school to the present day.

We ship worldwide!

Buy with confidence too!

We are a member of LAPADA (London and Provincial Antique Dealers Association) and CINOA.  LAPADA is the UK’s largest trade association for professional art & antiques dealers (representing approximately 500 UK dealer members). CINOA is the world association of Art & Antique dealer associations (representing 5000 dealers from 32 associations in 22 countries).

All items are backed by our LAPADA guarantee.

Want further information or wish to purchase this item or discuss shipping costs?Tel: 07551 383897 (line open 9.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Saturday UK time) where we can take payment over the phone; OR

Email us with your contact details via the "Contact Us" tab quoting the stock reference number and we will respond and make contact with you within 24 hours of receipt.

Please also see the terms and conditions of purchase at the bottom of the home page.